Things to do in Ventura
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort offers an assortment of activities, perfect for you and your family. Check out the many exciting things to do in Ventura during your stay, from whale watching, to golf, and exploring Downtown Ventura.
- Whale Watching - A perfect day long activity for you and your family. Adventure out to sea to watch these massive Blue and Humpback Whales up close while they feed. You’ll also get to explore one of the largest sea caves in the world- Painted Cave.
- Ventura Harbor Village - Shop, dine and explore at Ventura Harbor Village. From fine dining to kayak rentals, there is something for everyone. Enjoy a day of shopping at one of the 35 shops, laugh a little at Comedy Club or take a tour of the harbor and marvel at the scenery.
- Golf - Enjoy a day on the course. Olivas offers a spectacular view of the harbor and is rated in the top municipal courses in the nation.
- Six flags, Magic Mountain California - Ventura Harbor is just a short drive from one of the greatest thrills of all time. Six Flags Magic Mountain offers a great time for everyone. From adrenalizing roller coasters to tame rides for the little ones, Six Flags is the place to be.
- Cycling - Treat yourself to a self-guided bike tour with a bike from Wheel Fun Rentals. Explore Foster Park, Downtown Ventura, the Pier or Surfer’s Point! It’s the perfect way to see the city and spend some time outside in the sunshine.
- Downtown Ventura - Eat, drink and dance in Downtown Ventura. Choose from an assortment of restaurants where you can enjoy great company and music.
- Deep Sea Fishing - Venture out to sea with Channel Islands Sportfishing Center for an unforgettable fishing experience. Choose from Anacapa Island, Santa Cruz Island, Santa Barbara Island, Santa Rosa Island, and San Miguel Island. Embark on a half day, full day, two, or three day adventure and you’re sure to catch some fish.
- Surfer’s Point - Watch the locals catch a wave early in the morning, or take a long walk at sunrise. Surfer’s Point offers beautiful scenery, and a perfect spot to ride the waves. Feeling brave? Try a surf lesson.
- Grant Park - Enjoy the breathtaking 360-degree view from an elevated point. Bring a picnic and enjoy the scenery. From City Hall on Poli St., head up Brakey Road and wind all the way up to the top, turn left and keep right.
- Ventura College - This two year accredited institution was founded in 1925, and serves about 14,000 students each year.
- Ventura County Fair - This county fair has been a tradition since 1875, hosting derbies, Grandstand concerts, livestock exhibits, and more.