Things to do in Ventura
Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort offers an assortment of activities, perfect for you and your family. View our list of things to do in Ventura.
- Whale Watching - A perfect day-long activity for you and your family. Adventure out to sea to watch these massive Blue and Humpback Whales up close while they feed. You’ll also get to explore one of the largest sea caves in the world- Painted Cave.
- Ventura Harbor Village - Shop, dine and explore at Ventura Harbor Village! From fine dining to kayak rentals, there is something for everyone. Enjoy a day of shopping at one of the 35 shops, laugh a little at Comedy Club or take a tour of the harbor and marvel at the scenery.
- Golf - Enjoy a day on the course. Olivas offers a spectacular view of the harbor and is rated a Top Municipal Course in the Nation. Call to book tee time at 805-677-6772. Buenaventura Golf Course is an award winning Par 70 course, located in Ventura County, just off the 101 freeway. Call (805) 677-6770 for a reservation.
- Six flags, Magic Mountain California - Ventura Harbor is just a short drive from one of the greatest thrills of all time. Six Flags Magic Mountain offers a great time for everyone- even the kids! From adrenalizing roller coasters to tame rides for the little ones, Six Flags is the place to be.
- Cycling - Treat yourself to a self-guided bike tour with a bike from Wheel Fun Rentals. Explore Foster Park, Downtown Ventura, the Pier or Surfer’s Point! It’s the perfect way to see the city and spend some time outside in the sunshine. Call Wheel Fun Rentals at (805) 765-5795 for a reservation.
- Eateries in downtown Ventura - Eat, drink and dance in Downtown Ventura. Choose from an assortment of restaurants including Burnadette’s on Main where you can enjoy great company and music. Don’t miss the breakfast menu.
- Deep Sea Fishing - Venture out to sea with Channel Islands Sportfishing Center for an unforgettable fishing experience. Choose from Anacapa Island, Santa Cruz Island, Santa Barbara Island, Santa Rosa Island, and San Miguel Island. Embark on a ½ day, full day, 2 or 3 day adventure and you’re sure to catch some fish.
- Surfer’s Point - watch the locals catch a wave early in the morning, or take a long walk at sunrise. Surfer’s Point offers beautiful scenery, and a perfect spot to ride the waves. Feeling brave? Try a surf lesson.
- The Improv - Laugh a little at the Ventura Improv Company. Don’t be shy- you may be asked to participate in one of these comedic shows.
- Grant Park - Enjoy the breathtaking 360 degree view from an elevated point. Bring a picnic and enjoy the scenery! From City Hall on Poli St., head up Brakey Road and wind all the way up to the top, turn left and keep right.